Artisan supports a large number of Phidgets that gather temperature and other data. It also supports Phidgets that can generate external output triggered by Artisan actions.
All Phidgets can be connected either directly via USB or remotely via network connection by using a Phidgets SBC as gateway. Phidgets don’t need any additional power supply.
There are Phidgets that feature a direct USB connection as well as the more recent VINT Phidgets that are connected via a VINT USB hub to the USB port. Some are electrically isolated and thus more resistant against electrical noise.
Any number of Phidgets, of one type or mixed types, can be used in combination with any of the other supported devices.
Watch out! The use of all Phidgets require the installation of the Phidgets v22 driver.
All of these devices support J, K, E and T type thermocouples. The type of thermocouples used has to be configured in the Phidgets tab on the Artisan side (menu
Config >> Device, Phidgets tab).
Resistive Thermal Devices
- Phidget TMP1200 (VINT)
Watch out! The TMP1200 supports 2-, 3- and 4-wire PT100 and PT1000 RTDs to be connected directly. The type of RTD used has to be configured on the Artisan side (menu
Config >> Device, Phidgets tab)
- Phidget 1046 (USB)
Single channel IR with integrated sensor
- Phidget IR 1045 (USB)
Analog/Digital Input & Output
Artisan can attach to all Phidgets IO ports. The input ports are configured as (extra) devices and are handled as temperature curves. Phidgets output can be activated via
PWM Command or
VOUT Command button or slider actions configured in the Events tab (menu
Config >> Events). Note that buttons and sliders themself can be triggered autoamtically via alarm actions.
- Phidget HUB0000 (VINT HUB): 6x analog/digital in, 6x digital PWM out
- Phidget OUT1000 (VINT): 1x 12bit voltage out
- Phidget OUT1001 (VINT): 1x 12bit isolated voltage out
- Phidget OUT1002 (VINT): 1x 16bit isolated voltage out
- Phidget OUT1100 (VINT): 4x digital PWM out
- Phidget 1002 (USB): 4x 12bit analog out
- Phidget 1011 (USB): 2x analog/digital in, 2x digital out
- Phidget 1014 (USB): 4x digital out
- Phidget 1017 (USB): 8x digital out
- Phidget 1010 (USB), Phidget 1013 (USB), Phidget 1018 (USB), Phidget 1019 (USB), Phidget 1073 (USB): 8x analog/digital in, 8x digital out
Each output action supports a number of different commands specified in the
Documentation field. See the post More Phidgets! for details.